Cup Stacking Game
Cup stacking is a great way to improve dexterity and hand eye co-ordination and makes a great individual or group challenge! The aim of the game is to make pyramids out of cups as quickly and neatly as you can while being timed.
- 9 paper/plastic cups in 3 piles of 3
- Flat surface
- Ask participating residents to put their hands face down on the table in front of their 3 piles.
- When you start the clock, they have to stack up each pile into a pyramid using both hands.
- Once they have stacked all 3 pyramids they must go back to where they started, dismantle each pyramid and put the cups back into 3 piles using both hands.
- When they have finished they must lace their hands back on the table in front of their cups and you need to stop the clock.
• Who managed to stack up and take down their cups the quickest?
• Whose stacks were the neatest?
• Who lost all their cups?
- Tip: Practise with 1 pile and build up to 3 to increase the challenge!
Thank you to NAPA and Corinna Gray for this activity idea.